Thursday, May 28, 2009

1st cycle done...

So I went to the doctor today to find out if the first round of Clomid worked and by the looks of it, it worked quite well. My chart was reading just as expected (which gave me a good feeling as time went on), and he said that my progesterone level was "really good" (78.5, whatever that means), so it appears as though I ovulated (cue singing choir angels, Hallellujah!)

Now, whether or not that means I'll get pregnant is another story. Right now I'm just waiting for the dreaded flow to start and indicate that this month was a bust, move on to the next. The doctor gave me 2 more prescriptions for the clomid, said take 'em if you need 'em, and if they don't work (ie: I'm not pregnant), to 'take a break' for 3 months then come back to see him....soooo, if I don't get pregnant within the next 2 months I'll have to wait until October or so to try the next thing. Pressure much?

So, that's about it. Of course, I'm hoping for a lack of period and a positive sign next week, but I'm not holding my breath, after all this time I doubt it's going to be that easy. But we shall see.

Good news, I suffered no side effects whatsoever, and it was fairly easy to do, so all in all I can't complain about the Clomid Experience.

Be back once I have news, good or bad I guess.

1 comment:

oxenanny said...

YAYness! This is a HUGE awesome sign chicky! I am SOOO happy your lil eggie threw itself down the fallopian tube for a journey!

Don't write this off, it is an awesome victory even if you don't end up conceiving this month. So happy for you!